Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 117 – 8-1-2021 - Our Power Comes From…

 


I have learned about myself many things throughout the years and one thing I have always really had a knowing about is that I’m powerful, strong and determined. But that power always seemed to chase people away and so I made myself small, I dimmed my light, so I wouldn’t lose people who were important to me in my life and so that I would be accepted.

What I also learned along the way was that the same power and strength I used to hold myself down and hide is that same power that makes me shine.

I have been so frightened of losing that I made myself small so I wouldn’t lose.

These things are coming to the surface for me now and as I sit here and contemplate this, I know now that the only people I will use were not meant to be in my life anyway.

I don’t have to be afraid, or feel ashamed, or be angry about this because this is actually turning out to be a good thing. As these people are being taken out of my life, it is making the room for me to have people in my life who really truly love me and support me.

And the biggest thing I know for sure about this is that the only way that all of this can happen is through self-love.

Our power comes from… self-love.

What this means to me is that the more I shed, physically and emotionally what no longer serves me, the more I find the truth of who I am. I know I have said this on a few occasions, but, I am really beginning to understand just how important self-love and self-care are to living life in my truth and not someone else’s lie.

Too many lies along the years and now seeing the truth is helping me to feel stronger.

I am still and always determined and persistent in following through with this.

It is important to be to break the cycle of the generational trauma, patterns and cycles. That is my work and I am grateful I can do it. As these things are let go, I find that self-love. It is definitely in there and there was A LOT covering it up.

So, as I sit here writing this today, I find that my inner strength and power has been there all along. It got a little rusty along the way, however, the more I see it, the more it gets used for me.

I continue my journey and appreciate all that is happening.

 

Comments