Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 133 – 8-18-2021 - Strength is My Jam

 


When an ah-hah moment comes to me,

To help me out to finally see,

The ways in which I’ve been running my life,

From that scared little girl who from light was so bright.

She dimmed her light because she knew not what to do,

She wanted everyone to love her, yet she hid like a shrew,

She buried herself away from the pain,

As she grew up, she knew she had to maintain.

A certain way of being that she began to show the world,

Someone she was not that she began to curl,

Deep inside, she got really confused,

About who she really was because in some ways she knew.

The challenge was that if she was being herself,

People would leave her and reject her, so she became someone else,

To the point where she lost her ability to soar,

With the hawks as she could watch life and adore.

The beauty of who she really is,

She though no one would be there or be protected,

So, she decided one day to become the princess,

And to follow this path, she learned to be helpless.

It was done by the ego, to help her survive,

She forgot who she was, and began to deprive,

Herself as how she really was,

A powerful girl, strong and courageous.

“How dare you,” they’d say, you can’t do that,

To be powerful means that you will combat,

Those who are telling you who you should be,

Instead of relying on your truth, to be free.

Lifetimes, it took, to recognize this pattern,

And now things are surfacing, with the return of Saturn,

Time to cross over the major threshold,

Where past ego patterns are destroyed, they got old.

Coming into the next stage in life,

Loosening that strong hold on strife,

Strength and courage returning,

I am now discerning.

This new way of being is powerful too,

Where just being in moment with my heart so true,

Sitting with me, I know now who I am,

No longer the princess, now strength is my jam.

Comments