Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 124 – 8-9-2021 - Home Again


I decided to go back in time to the day that we wrote the song, “Home Again.” All of our songs, I feel, speak from the heart, from a place of healing and represented where we were in the moment. What is interesting is that in the healing process, basic underlying issues really don’t change year after year, they cycle.

This song has always represented The Journey Back to Self. Coming home to ourselves and the truth of who we are. I have always loved this song and it holds true today as much as it did two years ago, probably even more.

I’m going to share the lyrics here and my former partner and I also do a podcast called, “Growth Made Groovy.” In this podcast, we are going through each song that we wrote, shared and recorded professionally throughout the past two years. The podcast chronicles the cycles in life in general and in our healing journey’s both separately and together and how each year we basically walk through our lessons.

 

Everything that’s broken me has come along in time, to show that there’s a part of me that’s always toed the line.

Soon as I think of you, it opens up my mind, helping me to see the truth, there’s nothing left to find.

 

Without holding back and knowing that, we got to get home again.

Without holding back and knowing that, we got to get home again.

 

We can make the choice to recognize the way, to slow down the thoughts that come messing up our day.

Remember where we’ve been, building up our faith, in falling down to get back up, you’re never far away.

 

Without holding back and knowing that, we got to get home again.

Without holding back and knowing that, we got to get home again.

 

Even though we didn’t do everything that was making, our lives to be a challenge that we gave ourselves away in.

To find the meaning of the silence in between, the thoughts that always take us back to soul remembering.

 

Without holding back and knowing that, we got to get home again.

 Without holding back and knowing that, we got to get home again.

 

Home… sweet home again… (got to get home again)

Home… sweet home again… (heading home again)

Home… sweet home again… (coming home again)

Home… sweet home again… (we are home again)

 

This song, written on April 23, 2019, still holds true in this moment and as I walk through the cycles of healing, I feel like there will always be a connection here.

Heading home again, coming home again, we are home again; inside the truth of who we are.


Comments