Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 138 – 8-23-2021 - Through the Eyes of the Hummingbird

 


Many years ago, I was named Hummingbird by a Native American Elder friend of mine who died, so long ago now. Wow, I was surprised to see that when I looked at his Facebook page just now. That means we would have now known each other in the human world for 15 years. He was such a kind soul and I remember him telling me that one day I would know exactly what that would mean for me.

I am in that space now. The meaning of Hummingbird is Joy. Interestingly, my middle name, Rena, also means Joy. That has been my search throughout life, looking at everything outside of me to provide that for me and until recently, have not been able to put the pieces together that true Joy is the essence within me that of course goes with Love, Truth, Light and Peace.

The big 5. Five means change and that is what is happening at record speeds right now. Seeing and feeling things that I never thought I would ever experience is such a blessing and my appreciation for this journey runs deep. This is not an easy journey, yet we can see how simple it is when we make the discoveries.

I learned a lot about the personality of a Hummingbird years ago, which really fit in with me. The Hummingbird symbolizes Joy and Playfulness, and Adaptability. There is also the lightness of being, being more present, independence, lifting up negativity, swiftness and the ability to respond quickly, and resiliency, being able to travel great distances, tirelessly, a high sensibility to feeling nuances of emotions or movement in the environment. The way the Hummingbird moves constantly and in the pattern it does, in and of itself describes me to a tee.

Until a few days ago, I couldn’t fully see the meaning in the beautiful name he gave me. I am honored to have known this man and now because of the journey I have been going on can see the truth of me through the eyes of the Hummingbird.

 

Through the eyes of the Hummingbird, I can now see,

I am grateful to know myself, and finally meet me,

I have learned many things through the years, this is true,

To fly back into me and find myself, anew.

The years have been hard, since carrying the pain,

Of the generations and humans in the world, I could not explain,

Why I could not feel the joy that is my right,

So, one day, just being curious, I decided to take flight.

To go into places, I never thought I would be,

Desperately looking out there to find me,

Who is this person? I didn’t even know,

Going hither and yon, not really understanding where to go.

The Hummingbird took me on a journey so vast,

Going into the pain and to see the contrast,

Between the pain and the joy,

Like giving birth to my children, I could hear that voice.

Down deep inside me that said, “You need both to live.”

What does this mean? I have nothing left to give.

The pain is needed, or you wouldn’t know how,

To give and receive love and feel the joy in you now,

Well, that didn’t make sense, or what is it about that?

I’m falling quickly, please help me! Stat!

Why must I go through all of this pain?

“Because look what is there when you finally regain…”

The love that is waiting on the other side of the birth,

Look at me now, flying this beautiful Earth.

I see what you mean when you say this, it’s true,

If not for the pain, life would not have this different view,

True perfection is not where there’s no more to add,

It’s where there is nothing left to take away, now I am tagged.

To go forward with this feeling down deep inside,

That had me fighting and resisting and trying to hide,

So, I wouldn’t have to feel it and guess what, I do,

Now it’s ok, and had I not, would not have learned what is true.

 

Comments