Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 139 – 8-24-2021 - The Waterfall

 


I didn’t want to miss a blog today, so I thought I would post an older poem I had written on August 16th, 2011, that I really love. I also took this picture on June 27, 2010. Time really flies.

The Waterfall

 

I sit, I watch, I listen, I contemplate

The sun, the warmth

The water, the coolness

Watching the water cascade over the boulders

Boulders that have been here for a millennia

Holding the secrets

Of all those that have come before me.

Sitting on one of those boulders,

feeling it’s energy

meld with my own.

Water, white water, falling down

into a pool

never ending

Continues on forever, time…

I listen, I hear

The water falls and as it falls,

it calms me

My Spirit, my Soul.

I contemplate

my day, my time, my life.

I feel the calm, the love, the beauty of this day.

Blue sky, puffy clouds

Sitting, watching… the water fall.

 

Comments