Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 123 – 8-8-2021 - Truth


 

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone. Ella Wheeler Wilcox

 

In society we learn that we must always focus on everyone else and what they want to be happy. In my generation, this was pretty so. Learning what I am learning about myself is really shifting this habit to take care of myself and heal myself, so I can be healthy and in a good place for others. The most important work is with Self.

When I went through my conditioning as a child, I was taught and felt to believe that I was not good enough, unloved, and unimportant. It was a covert teaching. Mostly, this was in the realm of emotion. My physical needs were taken care of.

Physical needs are necessary, yes, however, that is what we are taught to thrive on and then we become lost at some point in believing something is missing. As children we need more than just physically being cared for. We need to be nurtured, loved and touched.

What could possibly be missing then, as an adult?

We have the car, the house, the 2.5 children, the spouse we always wanted, the travel, the friends, the parties, etc. But wait, why do we still feel lost, stuck or crappy? What is the answer to all of this?

We have been built in our lives around what to buy that would make us feel better and what I am finding is that the more I find out about me, the better I feel. I really don’t need to buy anything and do when it is something I could either use or want that feeds my soul.

Like, I have gone over how fears, feelings of inadequacy, lack, feeling alone has really crept up throughout my life and now is in my face. The more I ask for change and healing, the more opportunities in the external world come to me to see what I need to change and heal.

The answers all come from the inside.

We are not broken.

We are not lost with no direction.

We are human.

And in begin human, we get to see that there is no perfectionism, there is no other (we are all another), there is nothing outside of us that isn’t the same as the inside.

If you have ever been in a good mood and the whole day we noticed that everyone was amazing throughout the day and there are days we are completely miserable, wallowing in our own… s…

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.

It’s all energy, it’s all discovery of the energy we have and the energy we put out to the world. When we have a low energy, we must respond to it and take care of it. Usually, the energy comes from a repetitive thought that we are reacting to that becomes an emotion and the emotion takes over.

What are e-motions? Energy-in motion.

What do we do? We learn to connect with and love ourselves through our body. Most of us are completely disconnected from our physical body. We are in such a stuck fight/flight mode that we are numb.

How in the world would we know how we are feeling is we can’t feel it? That is challenging.

So, there are ways to counteract this and to begin to help ourselves to heal.

One way is that when we are sad, we can put our hands on our own hearts and feel our heart beating. Taking in a deep breath, closing our eyes and continuing to breathe. When we breathe, we learn what our body feels like and we connect to it and learn what it needs. We learn to love ourselves. We learn to feel grateful for being alive. It is a process and for most of us, nowadays, who are in full on grief and anxiety, it is challenging.

 It can, however, be done and in order to release the grief and anxiety, it must be done.

Try it and see what happens. Keep doing it, if it doesn’t feel like it’s working. Your body knows the difference, it knows everything, including and especially your truth.

 

Comments