Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 129 – 8-14-2021 - Grief Works

 


I am the first to say that I can completely understand how grief works and why it is so important to have a grief process. As humans, we are meant to grieve, however, some of us don’t know how it really works.

With everything I have gone through in the past two and half years, even longer, I certainly have done my fair shar



e of grieving, so I know first-hand how it is to go through it and how to support others through it.

I have grieved many losses in my life, the most recent ones in the past couple of years include my mother’s death, an endings to a relationship, moving, life transitions, my former partners ex dying of cancer, job loss, friend losses. When we went through the death of my former partner’s ex, who happens to have a child who was 7 when it happened became the most powerful understanding of how to grieve.

Not only did I grieve her, but I was also there to help her little daughter and my former partner walk through it and interestingly, the day after she died was the two-year anniversary of my mother’s death. It opened up a massive door to grieve every loss I had encountered in my life, to include my children and my old self.

I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to walk through this with them. Interestingly, as well, the night before she died, I heard a voice that said I needed to do grief/loss support groups. In my 56 years at the time, this was the first time that I had truly known and flowed with the grief.

When I heard that, I did not want to do it. I felt I didn’t really know how to be there for others. I learned on the fly less than two days later with her daughter and children are definitely different in their grief.

Anyway, so I ran the gamut for the last year on full out grief for everything and know this. Yes, it hurts to go through it, however, when we allow ourselves to grieve, there is a place inside of us that opens us up to our own humanity and our own healing and it is probably the most important thing I have ever done.

Stuffing the emotions down, thinking that will protect us from pain, does not work.

We must grieve.

So, it hasn’t been long since I started the group Glimmers of Hope for Dealing with Grief – Recreate Your Life. I feel that with everything going on, it is needed.

I can’t say enough how helpful the process is.

The group is available to connect us in moving through grief, learning to carry it and to help us to find the love, joy, laughter and fun that life has to offer.

After the past year and a half, with everything going on in the world, a lot of changes have occurred for all of us. In a lot of cases because of these changes we aren't grieving, and this can cause anxiety. Or we are anxious because of events and situations occurring in our lives.

We are not taught how to release grief or how to walk through anxiety and when we haven’t completed our grief, it can have a huge and lifelong negative impact on our capacity to find happiness in our lives and on our health.

It also shows up in our jobs/businesses, relationships with others and ourselves. It can most certainly make us feel stuck and become a life unfulfilled, like there is something missing.

Grieving isn't necessarily about death; we grieve loss in many ways; of things that could have been or things we planned for that ended. We grieve patterns that change in our lives, and we also grieve for ourselves and our inner children.

If you wish, you can join us in moving through our grief and anxiety and finding or regaining the joy that life has to offer and Recreating Our Life. This is the Glimmer of Hope!

Know that when you grieve, everything feels a lot better afterwards. I am available for support if anyone needs to reach out.

Sending love in these times.

Comments