Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 51 – 5-27-2021 - Confrontation and Speaking Your Truth


Confrontation and Speaking Your Truth

I have never been good at confrontation. Too much potential for loss and you can be sure I would, at all costs, try and avoid that. But I learned something today.

Always trying to be kind and make everyone happy will eventually backfire and cause loss anyway. Now…I’m in a dilemma.

So, I had to make a decision today to release something that was causing more work for me and stressing me out. I needed to write an email sooner, rather than later, so my head didn’t explode from trying to make the square peg fit in the round hole in the situation and so it wouldn’t affect the other person anymore that it already had.

It’s been a week, and this just didn’t feel good anymore, holding off in saying anything while trying to make it work in the meantime.

My truth is that I had two major projects I am working on and adding a third one wasn’t working.

Here is what I found out. Had this happened in my past, I would have avoided saying something to the person entirely until something started to go wrong with me physically, mentally or emotionally and then I absolutely had to. I was not about to have that happen again, specifically, my blood pressure going up to 180/120. That was not worth it to me.

What happened was that I noticed that the people I am bringing into my life now don’t react in the same way that the people I had before in my life, did. So, two things were on my side and one thing is different about before.

The two things that were on my side were my willingness and decision to just confront and the fact that the person I confronted was not an angry or judgmental person.

The thing that is different from before is my energy. I was able to walk through this because I had already walked through a lot of healing and got to a place where I could just observe what was happening and do something about it.  When before, I was all in emotionally and couldn’t separate from the situation.

We had a great conversation and it ended on a very positive note.

I am so grateful for that!

When we try to make others happy, we are doing all of the work to make that happen. And 9 times out of 10, they will never be happy, no matter what we do. I suggest also taking a deep look at yourself and see where you may be concerned about making someone else feel bad.

Know this…how others feel is theirs. You can’t ever make them feel bad or good. So instead of trying to make them feel good or avoiding confrontation so they won’t feel bad, make a shift into setting up your own boundaries, taking care of yourself and listening to and speaking your own truth.

Apparently, from what I had happen today, you will go further than you ever thought was possible.

Your truth is the only truth there is, so connect with it and see how your life changes.

Comments