Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 48 – 5-24-2021 - SOS – From Stuck to Success


SOS – From Stuck to Success

I wonder a lot, exactly why so many people have so many different views on success. I have always been a been confused about success because in our society, people learn to believe that success is all about how much money we can make and who can buy the most things before we die.

There is such an emptiness in that. I’ve had things and I’ve had a lot of money at one time or another all at the same time, but those, in and of themselves, didn’t not help me to feel successful. I always had an empty feeling that went right along with it because I was always looking for the next thing that made me feel good.

And that never happened…until recently.

Believe it or not, it had nothing to do with things.

Once I started discovering who I truly am, underneath the lies I was told about myself, my life, and my world, I began to see a beautiful pattern begin to emerge. Success to me is now in how I feel about myself and how I express that into the world to help others to be successful.

That pattern was not like any of the negative patterns I dealt with in jobs, relationships or health. This pattern is more like a guide. It lit the way to me; that guide that is me. My Higher Self. I can’t, in words right now, explain that but I can tell you how it feels.

It feels like the sludge is opening up a space inside of me. It feels like my arms expand outward. It feels like the box I have been stuck in my whole life is breaking apart. It feels big. I feel big.

And it has nothing to do with stuff.

Interesting how this relates to a business I created a few years ago called Declutter Your Life with Caroline. I called myself a Declutter Coach and it wasn’t just about decluttering your environment, that was just the first step.

Once our environment is cleared out from all that stuff, we open up a space in our minds to discover what it was about, who we are about. It seems to come naturally as a question once the work begins and organically leads into clearing out the mind as well to make room for peace.

If you are feeling stuck and want to help yourself in a small way, it can begin with something as simple as clearing out a kitchen junk drawer and organizing it. Be discerning as you do it. Be sure to get or make some kind of organizing system for it – trays, containers, etc. Pull everything out of the drawer and put it on the counter. Do this as a meditative project and feel how you feel as you are doing it. Be aware of your feelings. Where in your body are you getting twinges or pains? Does the object make you sad, happy or no feeling at all? Also, is it a necessary item or just some chachkie that you really don’t need or want?

If it makes you sad, sit with it for a few minutes and allow the feeling to flow through you. Then decide if you want to keep it, give it away or throw it away. (By the way, as you probably know, the strangest things end up in a kitchen junk drawer.) Start two piles for the keep and give away and use the trash for the throw away.

If it makes you happy, you still may not want to keep it. Let your feelings decide as I explained above. Finally, if the object doesn’t matter one way or another or it’s the chachkie that doesn’t matter, decide if you have used it in the past six months and if you haven’t, give it or throw it away.

After sorting through the drawer and you have your piles and have thrown away what no longer serves you, it’s time to organize your drawer. Place everything in your organizer accoutrements and place everything neatly back in the drawer.

Then see how you feel. Sit down and celebrate that you cleaned out that drawer and breath in the opening and freedom it gave you. You’ll find, more than likely, that things in your life even open up for you a little (after all it was the first step of a kitchen drawer). When you clear more, more clears in your life. The feeling will give you the opportunity to do bigger and bigger things for yourself.

If you didn’t feel anything one way or the other, that is ok too, at least your drawer is cleaned out and you can find things now!

Now that is what I call Success! Hope you have an amazing day!

Comments