Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 47 – 5-23-2021 - What Can I Say?


What Can I Say?

This has really been an interesting day. I changed rooms in the place I am staying. I learned a long time ago that when we don’t take action with anything and stay stagnant, our lives are much the same way.

Things have actually been pretty surreal today. For the first time, I recorded myself playing the keyboard for the last song my music partner and I wrote together.

You see, when I first met him, I wouldn’t even look at the keyboard in his office. I totally ignored it.

I had taken piano lessons when I was a kid and I don’t remember it being a happy experience for me. I literally gave up on music at 13. Then, after meeting him two years ago, at age 54, I started to change again. No more stagnancy.

In the two years we spent together, I went from not looking at the keyboard at all to playing it for this beautiful song. I am really proud of myself and for the first time, I can honestly say that without choking on my words.

All of our songs are powerful. They basically chronicle the time we were together doing music, living life, dealing with grief and tragedy, doing deep healing work together and separately, dealing with cancer and death.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

There was a lot coming up for the both of us and we made it through. Clearly, we are both in a better place, even through the tumultuousness of the relationship and the partnership. I am so grateful to have been a part of that journey.

Now, I am grateful to be on this new journey. So much is coming up and I am really excited about it. I am learning a lot about myself and who I truly am and it is completely shifting the core negative beliefs I have held about myself for my entire life.

I want to say this. Learning about myself and understanding that who I am is not wrong. It is knowing myself at such a deep level that anything in my life is possible. I am genuinely, again, for the first time, in love with myself and my life and looking forward to the new adventures I am getting into day by day.

I’m so glad I started this new chapter. Looking forward to what comes next in this moment.

Comments