Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 1 – 4/7/2021 - Back to Basics

I just had a call with someone who is taking time to help me walk through this new chapter in my life. A kind soul, he doesn’t charge me and I really aren’t able to pay him anyway, so it is all just as good. I am so grateful.

We talk about the green cloud of chaos I have been surrounded by for years; today was the first day I realized what I had forgotten by getting to talk with him. The good news is that I didn’t totally lose it like I would have done a few years a go because I have been diligent with meditation and spending time with myself. Call it what you want; I used to call it isolation and now I call it opportunity to connect with me.

The good news, the big ah-hah moment is this: I get to start by thanking him for setting me up this way. I had forgotten many things over the past couple of years AND I received a lot of good.

Anyway, the guidance here is to go back to basics. The two biggest takeaways were replacing that green cloud of mental activity with positive information and going to my first (again) Toastmaster meeting. I had done so a few times in my life, not with this feeling of moving forward. After I got off the call with him, I immediately found the local group and sent an email to attend a meeting.

I took inspired action. That is absolutely what I needed to do after going through this complete mind loss I experienced today. I walked through so much grief, I kept crying for no reason. I couldn’t even walk out the door of my room.

Speaking of my room: I start this off in this bedroom/office I have established for myself just four days ago. My dear friend offered this space to me from her own beauty, kindness and generosity. I don’t let that slip by my thoughts. It’s a beautiful space and I can call it mine for a while. It gives me a roof over my head, a place to lay my head with an opportunity to begin again.

This is where the next chapter of my life begins and I am looking forward to it now. I have time to get my head on straight and finally put my life into perspective. I sit here writing this as the sun is setting to the west, shining its beautiful face into my window and I live. My heart is content, and I know I have that opportunity to just step up and move back up out of the dirt and chaos. The time is here and now, and I get to change my life in ways that I have always wanted to help others change theirs. What better way to guide others than to be in the trenches myself.

I celebrate this day on my journey.

 

Comments