Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 2 – 4/8/2021 - Materialism vs Living with Less

This morning as I woke up, I recognized that we come into this world with nothing and leave this world with nothing. At least in the materialistic way.

The lesson, I have discovered, is that rags to riches stories are quite necessary in understanding this. That our connections and loves, etc are with ourselves and a Higher Power. When we have these things, we don’t need anything else. Notwithstanding the necessities like a roof over our heads, food to eat and clothing. Everything about my recent past life was about wanting things that don’t serve me.

Walking through that I am finding that being at a point of not having a lot and living in a minimalistic way (as I work towards that) is that by losing things and people and the situations in life, we find ourselves.

I am finding myself. I was lost for a while; in others. I thought that if I could make others happy and make sure they were taken care of emotionally and I could rescue them and take care of their needs before mine that they would love me. None of those situations ended well and now I begin to just allow the unfolding of a relationship if there is meant to be one; with anyone I meet.

I used to put myself in this weird place when I met someone, anyone, getting excited at the meeting and thinking “This is it! The greatest potential since sliced bread!” I did that with everyone.

I can do this journey. I had always felt alone even with people around me. Now I know that I am not AND I don’t need to have people around AND I choose to have a life with people around me that resonate with me.

Our healing journey will always bring people into our lives that will show the best about ourselves and the worst about ourselves. The challenge is to be able to go into the Dark Nights of the Soul, those times when whaling and gnashing of teeth (the big cry) come forward to release the emotions that have been there for so long from the original people in our lives, our parents and caregivers.

Those experiences, every experience I have had throughout my life created the thoughts I created in my head that brought me to this point in my life. The fear, the anxiety, depression, sadness, shame, etc. I created where I am not to recognize that this was never true and is not true now.

They say the truth shall set you free. So what exactly is the truth. It’s not an opinion, everyone has opinions and we all know, with the onset of Covid where that leads us. There are so many opinions out there, no one knows the truth.

Well, my discovery for myself is the truth lies within me and that truth is that somewhere beneath all of the emotions and fear is Love. Pure, unconditional, unadulterated Love. Love that include peace and joy in life and this is my journey.

Starting again at rock bottom, probably even more now than ever, I find that this is my goal. To find that Love within myself.

This is my journey within.

Comments