Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 18 – 4-24-2021 - Lesson in Self-Awareness and Self-Care


Lesson in Self-Awareness and Self-Care

It’s been one of those days. I’m writing this at 6pm because I had other things come up during the day. All good, this morning on my walk although I was challenged with forcing myself to do something I really didn’t want to.

I had a whole day planned. I was going to talk to a good friend of mine on the phone that I haven’t spoken to in a while. She ended up having to cancel and when she did, I felt like I really needed to talk with her.

I went to the local farmer’s market and talked to my new friends from two of the farms I get my veggies and eggs from. I love talking to them; there is a richness in that. I am definitely a city slicker because I was talking about going over to the chicken farm and he was talking about the fact that the morning of the day I wanted to go, they will be killing chickens in the morning.

Well, we decided to do it in the afternoon because as a chicken whisperer and sensitive person, I don’t know if I could watch that… yet? Or maybe not at all?

At least not with me going through this transition right now. I would probably have a meltdown. I have never been good at meeting an animal, making “friends” and then seeing it dead later. That might not be such a good idea, however, I’m really interested in seeing the farm. I will let you know!

When I got done at the farmer’s market, my intention was to come home, eat and then go for a hike. After eating, I ended up watching Modern Family on Hulu, which, by the way, is a great show. Today, once I stared watching I melted into my seat and watched too many episodes and got extremely tired. I took a nap and didn’t go for my hike.

Fast forward to now.

I am feeling alone for some reason and cannot put my finger on it. I like spending time alone. Sometimes it gets the best of me. Now is one of those times.

I am walking through this and breathing, the tools I use when I feel like this. It is very close to anxiety and when it comes up it usually means that I need to spend some time with my higher self. This is the self-awareness.

When I am done here, that is what I am going to do. I know I can get through this, it’s just a day of self-care, which sometimes gets me antsy and that is ok.

I wasn’t expecting this one to be a long one; some days just require silence.

On this journey, I now move into the silence to be with my higher self.


Comments