Flight Chronicles of the Hummingbird - Day 16 – 4-22-2021 - Carpe Diem – Seize the Day!


Carpe Diem – Seize the Day!

Today is a great day. I usually do my inputs in the morning after my walk. I got distracted. It was a good distraction and now I have a few moments to sit down and write. It’s 4:22; angel message time!

“This is a strong message from the angels, asking you to trust, believe, and have faith that your prayers are being answered, because they are.”

I know! I know!

It’s only been a little over two weeks since I began this new chapter of my journey/life.

I had a particularly good walk this morning because some things shifted for my yesterday.

You see, I work with my mentor once a week. I can’t even begin to tell you how invaluable these sessions are. I had a huge boost yesterday of encouragement and guidance and it helped me to figure out not only how to continue to work with the Universe on my goals and affirm them, I finally got some clarity on how to set up my day as I take inspired action. This is huge for me; if you knew me, you would understand.

You see, throughout my life, when I couldn’t figure out what to do, I would do everything. Then I would get overwhelmed and then, as he put it, I would use up all of my energy and then get nothing done that I wanted to.

The biggest thing I am learning in all of this is faith.

Every morning, just like this morning, I have been listening to motivational videos. For the past week or so, I have listened to men. Yesterday, I decided to listen to women. What a difference that made for me.

I could connect with it at a deeper level. It’s like “she” gets me so well and has no idea who I am.

The first video I watched began with Iyanla Vanzant saying, “Does anybody really ever acknowledge the good you are?”

I immediately started to cry. Well, yes some people did, not everyone, and not the people I wanted to, but it did happen. I cried because I had never really felt it; never felt like I was encouraged.

It wasn’t that it wasn’t happening. It was. So what was the problem?

It was my belief.

I always knew that I elevated and encouraged others and never felt that for myself. What is that?

Turns out that I wouldn’t even let it in. I felt so bad about myself, that I shut the door and put a chain and lock around myself because I felt I couldn’t receive something that was obviously rightfully mine. They did say it to me, after all.

I was so focused on getting it from the people I “needed” it from that I refused to accept it at all.

Have you ever done that before?

What I know for sure is when I elevate and encourage others, I get to learn to not expect anything in return.

No expectations. No disappointments.

When I do get it from people, I get to take it all in; because it is true. I am more than good enough to receive that encouragement. We all are.

Yet, even I go through this over and over again so I can learn self-love. It’s not an easy path yet it is simple. I’m getting there.

Do you know the good you are? Do you know it?

We get labeled as bad girls and don’t know why. We don’t even know how we got to this place or what happens to us.

I was never a bad girl. I really only got in trouble once, as I mentioned in a previous day’s account.

I got labeled not good enough so many times that I started to believe it myself. Then I lost myself because somewhere in all that I knew I wasn’t bad. It was very confusing.

Oprah spoke next on this video I was listening to, “If you allow the past to define your present, you will never get to live the life you are meant to live. You are responsible for your life and if you are sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward.”

I am learning that living cautiously because you are so afraid to fail you don’t do anything at all. Well this is a trip up for me; if you do nothing at all you still have failed. Not choosing to do anything is still a choice.

Really what is failure though? I see failure as a mistake. What are mistakes? Something I can learn from.

Can you believe that you are worthy? Of being happy, successful, abundant, fulfilled? Of feeling peace, joy, and love? It is, after all, your birthright.

You will manifest whatever you believe, so for example, when you focus on peace, you will achieve peace. When we focus on lack, that is what we get.

It is time to change that.

Always do your best. Just run the race of life as hard as you can, give it everything you’ve got.

It’s ok to do that. I’m doing it now. It’s not as painful as I thought it was going to be and I have actually changed my thinking and focus.

For most of my life, my focus has been on lack; that is how I got here. My thoughts had lack intertwined in my daily existence.

Now that I am focusing on what I want, I am walking in that direction.

The thing is, we are an instant gratification society. It’s not meant to be that way. If things happened right away that we asked for or prayed for, we would be in deeper trouble than we believe we are already in.

There have been times where I would say something like, “Fine then let ______ happen.” I’m really grateful I didn’t get those answers in those moments. I don’t know what I would have done.

What matters the most is right now, this moment and your willingness to see this moment for what it is, accept it, forgive the past, take responsibility, and move forward.

This is your second chance to seize this moment and make something of your life.

You can be on this journey too.

Comments