Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 103 – 7-18-2021 - Be Powerful in Your Power

 


Just some thoughts I had about this 10 years ago that came back to me oddly enough in the things I am learning about myself.

Sometimes I use power to hold myself back while I could be using the same power to move myself forward. Holding myself back, I am finding, is infinitely more difficult that using the power to move myself forward. I’ve struggled with this for quite a while.

Which is why I am writing about basically the same thing 10 years later.

As we go through life, we are continually meeting people who we unknowingly give our power to.  This applies to family members as well as everyone else. 

We are taught from birth to give our power to the family unit which is something that happens every day.  “You aren’t old enough, let your brother do that.”  “You can’t sit there, that place is for your sister.”  What you are hearing is the energy of tribal law.  In tribal law only one person can truly be the strong one.  All others have to follow the ideas and thoughts of their leader.

How many times have you deferred to someone else? About anything. “No, your idea is better.  Mine was silly anyhow.”  Those are the spoken deferrals.  How about the unspoken ones?  “He is stronger than I am.  He looks better than I do.  He is dressed much better than I am.  She is slimmer than I am.  I am overweight and therefore less likely to know what I am talking about.  I don’t have the money to buy the type of clothes that make me look better, so therefore I am not worthy enough to do well.”

When we say or do these things, we are giving up our power to someone else.  We may not even realize we are doing it.

When we meet someone, we may be subconsciously saying, “I will be less than, so you can be more.”  In a way, we are assisting them to be powerful and to take your power from you.  When a relationship develops in which the two people continually trade energies, this behavior can often be to your detriment and this pattern can be unconscious as well.

When we are consciously aware of any pattern, we can change it.  We do this by setting the intent; they are now powerful in their own power.  They don’t really need us and our energies to be who they are.  And we don’t need to give them any of your power anymore.

Then we get to set the intent that we are now powerful in our own power and we are telling the Universe we are ready to be who you truly are.

We can assist ourselves even more by realizing that the best way of doing this is in the present moment. As situations come up, we can observe what is happen when we stop for a moment, get into the moment and watch ourselves.

Through life we are continually thinking about all the things that have happened to us in the past.  In fact, a lot of our judgments towards things that happen now come from remembering how we felt when something similar happened before.  We are continually comparing, but that is also below our conscious thoughts.

The job of the ego is to keep us safe, so therefore it is continually comparing what is happening now, to see what has hurt us before.  When you say, “I no longer want to be controlled by those old patterns.  I am ready to create a different outcome to the same experience.” This brings us into the present moment, and this is conscious awareness.

Using this information helps me to stay in the present where my power is; always. In the past, I would just give up my power to make sure the other was ok and I have had to learn that when I do it that was, here is where I lose my power. I didn’t want to lose the other, so I fought hard to make myself small and become powerless.

This isn’t an easy feat to come out of, yet it is so important for us to learn to love ourselves and stand in our power, protect our boundaries when necessary and follow our truth.

How does it get any better than this?

Comments