Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 94 – 7-9-2021 - Meeting People Where They Are


We all want so much to help heal people we love. Sometimes, that isn’t possible because they may not be ready.

I am a healer by nature and profession, so sometimes being in that space can be difficult for me in my personal life. Especially when I am with the other person a lot. Obviously, it’s different when I am with a client because I can hold that space for them.

Bring in a family member or dear friend and… well, I get lost in their healing process. Ugh

And that isn’t helpful to them.

I find that my own feelings with abandonment and needing the other person to feel better comes into play a lot here. I don’t really understand the process, but I do understand that sometimes I get lost in that… still.

It isn’t easy to watch someone you love suffer, with anything. The challenge is to love them enough to allow them to walk through it themselves. It is, after all, their journey, not mine.

I am talking about this today because this is something I get to take a look at because I still seem to struggle with that and really don’t know why or how it works in me… yet.

And, for whatever reason it came up for me this morning.

Is it about loving someone else too much? Is it about not loving myself fully?

I don’t know.

I am walking through this now and these are just thoughts. Answers usually come to me as I write or speak, so I’m sure I will know what this means at some point.

Or maybe it’s just an awareness that I get to see right now and observe what is happening. Who really knows the answers to any of this stuff right away?

Sit with it for a bit and the answers come.

Life is a mystery school, I’m finding, and I love mysteries, so I am good with this right now.

Just something to share.

How does it get any better than this?

 


Comments