Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 100 – 7-15-2021 - Grieving the Losses of the Little Girl Inside

 


Shifting through the sands of time,

Moving through the world into the sublime.

Recreating myself through love,

Of me and I am my new beloved.

 

I do need people in my life,

To support me and love me, and to know what it’s like.

To love myself to the nth degree,

Brings me to a place where I can just be me.

 

Who is this me? You might ask,

It’s the beautiful soul behind the mask.

The mask, what exactly does that mean?

It’s what I hide behind so I can’t be seen.

 

I know that time of hiding is now leaving,

And what has helped me is the deep, deep grieving.

The grieving that at one time felt extremely scary,

Which has put things in perspective, where I can carry.

 

All of the grief, from lifetimes of love,

Where the only thing I could do was push away and shove.

Those in my life who I never thought cared,

More than I knew, more then I dared.

 

To learn to forgive myself for not knowing,

Just why my behaviors kept me from growing.

Into the person I truly am,

In the past not understanding or giving a damn.

 

For myself, for the beauty I’ve carried within,

Always thinking I could never win.

Against the lions attacking me,

Wishing for non-existence, that I would cease to be.

 

Not understanding the beauty I see,

Around me in others and nature would help me be free.

I accept the love and support I now recognize,

For the very first time, the love inside has been clarified.

 

I am clear! I now see! I am excited about changes,

I am grateful for the healing, how my life rearranges.

Feeling the peace and joy and working towards bliss,

How does it get any better than this?

Comments