Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 76 - 6-21-2021 - The House in Kentucky

 



More interesting stuff.

I left the Airbnb in Chattanooga early yesterday morning and headed north. I got to drive through some of the mountains of Tennessee for the first time in probably 30 years. I’ve been living in flat South Florida for the past almost 7 years and as much as I loved it, I have been wanting to see mountains again, badly. The rolling hills, the trees, the blue sky, the fresh mountain air. I just had to open my windows (also for the first time in a long time) to let the wind hit my face.

It reminded me of when we did a military move with my former husband and son, travelling to California.

What I can say is that the scenery is beautiful and it’s so much easier driving South to North through Tennessee than East to West (I-40 is a bear that runs the entire width of the state), at least I got to change roads. Yay!

Anyway, I finally got to Clarksville, TN after driving through Nashville. I’m grateful for this ride because it was such a beautiful day after the rain on Saturday and there was hardly any traffic, comparatively when I went through Nashville than Atlanta.

I don’t even want to talk about that anymore! LOL

So, I drove into Clarksville and my friend, who I have known for 22 years who we haven’t really spoken to each other in about 20 of those, met me there. We have literally been watching each other’s lives go by online the entire time and didn’t even know we were doing that.

When I saw her, we hugged and then it hit me… the first time. The past colliding with the future in the present moment. I was having all kinds of weird energies running through me.

Everything has been surreal since.

We haven’t gotten to a point yet where there is nothing to say, after all there are so many years to catch up with. So many lifetimes. So much time has passed.

It’s surreal because we are in our 50s and were good friends in our 30s. It’s crazy.

We met in Hawaii when both of our former husbands were stationed there. As Army wives, one tends to get tight, as best as possible with other Army wives, in order to support each other. The odd thing was I really never felt very comfortable with most of them. I did have a few that we really connected, and this friend was one of them.

She and her former husband ended up staying in the Army a lot longer than we did. So, once we moved, we pretty much immediately lost touch.

Life really happened. For both of us.

As I woke up this morning, I had just finished my meditation and rolled over and opened my eyes. I was looking through the upstairs window of this house in Kentucky. Once again, the words that came to me was looking at the past and the future at the same time… in the present moment.

What I saw out there was an old log cabin that used to be part of this home at one point in time and it was like all of my life was blending together.

I took the picture.

You see, last night I had the weirdest feeling. I can’t describe what it was, it was just an odd energy, when I was getting ready to go to sleep. All my worlds collided when I finally saw my friend.

I was really flashbacking into my whole life, everything I had experienced, everything that has changed and the new things that are happening now.

This house in Kentucky was so quiet this morning. I haven’t experienced that kind of quiet in a long time. When I was younger, that much quiet was unnerving to me. Now, in this 100-year-old house, in this little town with 400 people, I think to myself, “Where am I?” It’s peaceful and scary at the same time.

“What am I doing here in the past and the future?” I really don’t know the answer to that yet, it may take a bit of time.

I sit now writing this with “my” new dog on the bed with me. I am… I just am.

It’s so quiet, the only noise I hear right now is the fan blowing. No sirens, no loud music from other houses, no yelling, just the fan.

I’m not used to this, and I have missed it.

What happens now? Who knows? I am facing another one of my fears – the fear of the unknown right in the face, working on not having any expectations in the process.

Now what?

Well, again I ask, “How can it get any better than this?”

Comments