Flight of the Hummingbird - Day 78 - 6-23-2021 - What to Say?

 


Thinking about my mother today again and how it was that I walked through forgiving her. As time goes on, and through all the work I have done with her, an odd thing is beginning to happen.

I had a conversation with my friend about the experience of visiting my mother in hospice as we shared Mother Wound stories. If you have read my blog consistently, there were days where I was fully angry with her for many, what seemed at the time, good reasons.

As we were talking and I told her the story of the visit, something shifted. I felt such a deep wave of compassion come over me for my mother and what she had gone through in her life. Yes, there were times that her treatment and lack of nurturing of me was something I experienced. Yes, she mostly thought about herself when she talked to me and yes, I was angry with her because I could never connect with her until we did.

Through forgiveness, through grief and then through love.

That feels like where I am now.

Throughout my life I have always wished I had a real relationship with my mother, like all the other mother/daughter relationships I had heard about.

As I got older, I realized from talking with others that those relationships with their mothers who were around were just as troubling and toxic in a lot of cases.

What is this all about?

There is something going on in the world in that the Mother Wound is very obviously surfacing.

Many of us, men included have a Mother Wound. We have all been affected deeply by societies and generational treatment of women.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I am in no way a feminist. I am a humanist. I am one who feels that we are all one and it is everyone’s right to be treated kindly and fairly and with compassion.

Yet, we don’t know how to do that… yet.

I feel as though this is a new time in the history of the earth for these changes. Many women and men are changing, and we need this Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine to balance in each of us. That is when we can truly help and be there for each other in a way that would never involve competition again.

That is what has brought us here to this point and this is what we get to heal.

I have been open to this healing for a very long time and I am so grateful when I can connect with others and clients to guide them in the work that I have been doing and researching for a very long time.

The time has come for a different kind of love, actually the original intended kind of love to come back into being.

Grieving, forgiving and healing will bring us back to that. I’ve witnessed it in myself, my mother from that visit and get to watch the others I work with and it is so amazing watching how lives are changed.

How can it get any better than this?

Comments